HATRA - What is HATRA?
The Hamilton Area Therapeutic Recreation Association is a group of
Therapeutic Recreation Professionals and students in the field, working in various settings throughout the
Hamilton Area. Membership is open to students and professionals who
have a position or have an interest in Therapeutic Recreation.
HATRA Meeting Details:
Meetings are held at St. Peter's Residence at Chedoke, every other month. Please check our website for the date of our next meeting, and on an on-going basis to see what's NEW!
- Planned, developed and implemented Therapeutic Recreation sessions resulting in continued education.
- Established guidelines for a student award presented to a 2nd year
Mohawk College Recreation and Leisure student – enabling HATRA to
recognize students who excel in their placements.
- Communicated with the Hamilton District Health Council on the
importance of the inclusion or recreation in the previous government’s
Long Term Care Reform – producing public awareness.
- Partners with the Therapeutic Recreation Association of Niagara,
Mohawk College Recreation and Leisure Services Program, Therapeutic
Recreation Managers Association and Community Leadership Support
Services or Hamilton – increasing resources.
- Maintains an affiliation with Therapeutic Recreation Ontario and Canadian Therapeutic Recreation
- Proud hosts of the 2003 Therapeutic Recreation Ontario Conference
HATRA provides the following benefits for its members:
- Networking with colleagues in Therapeutic Recreation
- Organizing formal and informal educational training sessions
- Professional support
- Resource Sharing
- Providing current information on issues in Therapeutic Recreation
- Building community contacts
- Advocate for our clientele
- Liaising with other recreation bodies: Regional, Provincial, and National.
- Membership Directory and minutes of each meeting
- Links with academic advisory committees
Membership is effective for one full year.
Annual Membership fees are:
Interested in becoming a member of HATRA? Click here to download the HATRA Membership Registration Form